This Recipe is one of my favorites because its quick, easy and a crowd pleaser. My slow Cooker is old and chipped so I am adding this slow cooker from Wayfair to my wish list. I like it because it’s programmable and dishwasher safe which helps this busy mama get dinner on the table and cleaned up without much work.
4-6 HRS 8 SERVINGS
1 (2 pound) pork shoulder (tenderloin can be used for a leaner option)
1 (12 ounce) bottle of root beer
1 (18 ounce) bottle of barbecue sauce
8 hamburger buns
1. Spray Cooking Spray or place Cooking liner in Slow cooker
2. Place the pork in the slow cooker and pour the can of root beer over the meat.
3. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork.
3. After pork has cooked, drain and discard the root beer.
4. Shred the pork.
5. Pour the barbecue sauce over the pork and stir to combine.
Serve immediately or keep warm in slow cooker until ready to serve. Serve on hamburger buns. Amazing with this Perfect Coleslaw on top!