When I was an early adult I only knew how to cook the very basics and honestly that’s me being kind to myself. Truth… I didn’t even know the proper way to cook chicken breasts when I first lived on my own. That’s embarrassing to say but it’s true. When Kyle and I started dating we began cooking together and I started to actually enjoy creating something yummy to eat.
Now 11 years later, the kitchen is the heart of our home. We LOVE to cook and since having Ryder we enjoy having him help when he safely can. I believe there’s so much a child can learn being in the kitchen such as, patience and gross motor skills plus it’s a fun way to bond as a family.
I have teamed up with Wayfair Home to share our Ultimate Kitchen Essentials that help us whip up our favorite dishes. We hope this inspire and encourages others to get in the kitchen and cook up something yummy.
Our top 10 ultimate Kitchen Essentials:
1. Kitchen Aid Mixer: We love and use our kitchen aid mixer all the time! This is such a multi use machine. How we cooked and baked without one for so long, I don’t know. Put this one on your wish list now if you don’t have one, it’s worth every penny!
2. Keurig coffee: Everyone wants mom to have her coffee first thing in the morning. Since Kyle doesn’t drink coffee being able to just make a Kcup or two for myself is perfect.
I do enjoy a nice French press coffee on the slower mornings though. Definitely my favorite way to have coffee.
4. Waffle maker– We eat a lot of waffles in our house. It’s actually a quick easy breakfast for us. I usually mix the dry ingredients together and wet ingredients together the night before so all I have to do is mix them together in the morning and in less than 10 mins we have homemade waffles! Everyone starts the day off full and happy.
5. Immersion Blender. This is a new gadget for us but we have found all kinds of uses for it. You can blend sauce, quickly beat eggs, or even make a milkshake.
6. Slow cooker. I love being able to make a few freezer dumps meals and just dump one in the slow cooker in the afternoon and viola dinner done. Especially helpful when you have a newborn!
Recipe idea: SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK
7. Silicon spatulas: we usually use multiples of these in a day. They are perfect pair for your nonstick pans because they won’t scratch them. I use one in the mornings to make eggs but also perfect for icing cinnamon rolls or a cake.
Recipe idea: PINEAPPLE PECAN CAKE
8.Pizza stone. Our favorite food is pizza or “Zaaa” as Ryder excitedly calls it. So a good pizza stone is essential for us. You can totally make cookies and other stuff on one too!
9. Measuring cups: I’ve recently really tried to up my baking game and I found the secret to baking vs cooking is with baking you have to really follow the recipe and measure out things correctly. Yes I’m one of those cooks… So I got a good pair of measuring cups and spoons.
10. Good pots and pans. We mostly have stainless steel and really like them. We have a few good high quality nonstick and a few good cast iron and honestly like them all depending on what we are cooking. Regardless of what type you like, it’s worth the investment to get a good set. It can be the game changer!
BONUS. Kyle and I each chose another item that we find essential in our kitchen,
# 11 (her choice) Rice cooker. I didn’t realize how much I love having a rice cooker until I had one. So quick and easy, I just wash the rice, turn it on and can forget about it until it’s time to eat. Love it!
#12 (his choice) Ice cream maker. Nothing beats homemade ice cream. There’s something about it that’s better than anything you find in a store.
All items listed are pictured and linked below! Leave a comment with what your kitchen essentials are and what’s on your wishlist.