When I started thinking of doing a gift guide this year, I was excited but also thought how many bloggers out there are already doing just that and I didn’t want to just be another gift guide. I realized the gifts I love the most are the kind that someone took the time to make or was something they found and thought “Michelle would like this!” even though it likely wasn’t on my Wishlist. I had the idea to make a local gift guide and was so pleased when I asked where you’re shopping for holiday gifts and the top answer was locally. I was SO EXCITED! I love supporting local small business owners and while this post may talk to smaller audience than normal, I love my cute little town of Fruita, CO and the people in it so want to support them.
I envision this as a community wishlist that you can send to your gift givers and say #3, #7, #9. Let me help you get the perfect gifts this year! Comment items you think should be added and I’ll look into it. Let’s support our locals this year!
*I do not own images shared in this post*
1. Maven Made Designs– if you want a cool and unique gift look no further than Maven Made Designs. You can find her beautiful pieces at Kiln Coffee shop on Main St. in downtown Grand Junction or Sweet Kiwi in Orchard Mesa. Make sure to grab a gift card for a stocking while you’re there. Two of the best coffee shops in town!
2. Hog and Hen – Perfect place to put together an awesome gift basket! Let them help you curate a meat, cheese and wine basket or let them build a charcuterie board for you. A classy and delicious gift.
3. Essential Oil Starter Kit– You probably have a friend (or maybe yourself ) that has always been interested in oils but hasn’t taken the leap to get started. I highly recommend getting a starter set from Young Living, it’s the gift that keeps on giving. If your unsure on what set to get or need help choosing the right oils, Cory Kettle is a wealth of knowledge and is always happy to help. Contact her today to get your gift in time for Christmas! https://corykettle.lifestepseo.com/kits/basic
4. Jimmy John’s surprise delivery– oh, you didn’t know your local Jimmy John’s was locally owned? Yep and they love their community! Make someone’s Monday bright by surprising them with their favorite Jimmy John’s sub and a chocolate chunk cookie delivered to their home or office. Sometimes it’s just the thoughtful gifts that matter the most.
5.Beauty Counter Set– I’m usually a little hesitant to promote others direct selling beauty products but this one is good ladies otherwise it wouldn’t be on the list! Plus, Tammy is so friendly and type of person you want to support. Awesome gift options for your mother, mother in law, or sister. Order today to get in time for Christmas! (Dallas peeps I have a Dallas rep too ,DM me)
6. Downtown Gift Card– maybe you’re not sure what to get someone and just need something easy that also supports your locals, get a downtown gift card! Easy peasy!
View list of where you can use : https://downtowngj.org/gift-cards/where-to-use-your-downtown-gift-card/
To Purchase: Visit DOWNTOWN OFFICE LOCATED AT 437 COLORADO AVE. Monday and Wednesdays , gift cards may also be purchased at Colorado Baby located at 560 Main Street, Monday-Thursday from noon – 5:00 pm and Friday and Saturday, from 10 am to 5 pm.
7. Local wine– I like gifting a local wine to family and friends that don’t live in Colorado so don’t get to try the amazing wines we have here in the Valley. I’m sure you already have a favorite but a few of my personal favorites that are unique are: -Colterris Cabernet Rose Carlson Peach , Red Fox Bourboux , honestly there’s so many good wines to choose from the list could go on forever.
8. Chow Down– Don’t forget about your furry friends! Head to chow down to get your pup a cute Christmas dog biscuit or your cat a nice new fluffy bed to snuggle up in.
9. Everwood Collective- I haven’t been blessed to have received a box personally yet but I’m drooling over their box gifts on Instagram. They are a newish company that curate beautiful gift boxes. Most are limited quantities and local delivery only so contact them ASAP when you see something you like, and you will because they are a gorgeous effortless gift option.
10. The Shop– Macrame, hand crafted soaps, loose leaf teas, candles and more! A unique shop with beautiful handcrafted items that are perfect for gift giving. Shop online and order by December 1st to ensure Christmas delivery! SHOP: https://www.theshopgj.com/
I will continue to add to the list as I discover more amazing gifts the valley has to offer so keep checking back!
Edited to add these other amazing local Gifts:
11. Chew Tine Antlers Shed Antlers for your pup! “has been buying and selling shed antlers in the western united states for 12 years. Antlers aren’t just our job, they’re our passion.” https://www.chewtine.com
Enjoy Shopping Small,